Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Road Back Program Journal

My Road Back Journal

started "The Road Back" program a few days ago because the withdrawal symptoms of tapering the Klonopin are getting to be unbearable. I searched and searched for over a year for help and nothing will do it. Now, I'm trying this program that is supposed to get a person going through benzo withdrawal stabilized in order to start tapering and feeling better while doing so. Today is Saturday, January 24, 2009. I started the program the night of Wednesday, January 21. I'll keep this page updated as a journal as I go through the process, so check back to see if this is a success or not!

The rating of anxiety and insomnia go like this: 1 is unbearable and 10 is no symptoms. When I get to a 7 on both anxiety and insomnia, I move to Step 2 of the Program. So here's Step 1 so far:

DAY 1 - January 21, 2009
Started TRB Program at night as directed, taking 1 Body Calm Supreme and 1 tsp. Essential Protein.

DAY 2 - January 22, 2009
I start my journaling today. WOW! I slept last night except for one bathroom trip! I slept from 11pm to 6:00am and it was a nice, deep sleep. I felt good when I got up; no tight anxiety stomach until about 15 mins. after I was up and around. It started in, but was a little more manageable than normal. Had an "okay" day except when we had to go to the bank. Any little stress in life causes me to have fatigue, tremors, blood sugar problems, etc. It doesn't matter if it is a good stress (i.e. friends coming over) or bad stress (i.e. argument with husband). All stress to my body is the same. My immune system is shot, so I have to take things very slowly and carefully. Part of this program is building the immune system too. RATINGS FOR THE DAY: Sleep from last night = 9, Anxiety for today = 5

DAY 3 - January 23, 2009
Slept terribly last night as usual. What's ommon for me is 5 to 6 hours of interrupted sleep while in pain, heart palpitations, sweating, paranoia, depression, and more. It's so much fun going through these withdrawals! Okay, that was sarcasm! Anyway, I had 6 hours of interrupted sleep last night. Took all the supplements as directed today and had a decent day. My husband asked if I wanted to do something today with him. I can barely get out of my house most of the time, so I was hesitant, but as the day was progressing, I thought, well, we can go take a walk around the block holding hands since the temperature has gone up to a whopping 45 degrees! He took me down to the main street here where the Antique shops are and we walked around and went into an Indonesian store and talked about culture differences and foods there with the owner and a lady from Indonesia (Jack and Rina). Very nice people! I was able to handle about 45 minutes on my feet out of the house and then I could feel myself winding down, needing to be sitting or laying at home. My husband and I went home and later in the evening, our frineds Eric and Mindy came over and we played the DRAWING GAME (that's fun!). Even though this was a good stress, I was able to handle it fine! So day two was a pretty good day. RATINGS FOR THE DAY: Sleep from last night = 4, Anxiety for today = 7


0 comments: