Wednesday, October 21, 2009

003 Current Supplements List

To visit blog home page and comment on this entry, click HERE

October 23, 2009
003

Some have asked what supplements I need to take for the adrenal problems and Klonopin withdrawl. Ready for a long list? Okay, here's what I mailed to my doctor last month. He agreed I should be on all of them except maybe the fiber (which I've deleted from the list) and the Beta 1,3D Glucan (for immune system) which I did cut out of the regimen. There are a couple notes I've made about which supplements I no longer take all the time such as the protein powder, but the rest of the list is what I take daily.

We did add the Licorice Root Powder four days ago which I put at the bottom of this list. I hope this helps someone out there who is looking for resources about where to purchase good supplements. Our cost to keep me "going" is a lot more than I'd like it to be, but there are no other options. My body is a wreck from this disease and from the withdrawals so here goes (I provided the link to where I purchase my supplements; just click on the name of the product):
  • Klonopin. At 0.75mg a day now; have been tapering for a year and a half now. I am able to taper 6% each month without going through seizures and such. It will take many months to get off at this rate unless I can support my adrenals more – that may help me get off it at 12% - 16%. I have no doctor to refill prescription so that I may continue withdrawing safely; I’m hoping I’ll get help with the adrenals and thyroid so I can taper faster and get done with this.

  • Isocort. 2 pellets 3 times daily spread out throughout the day evenly. (Bezwecken)

  • Vitamin C. Every 3 hours (TRB product: “Nature’s C”) NOTE: In October, I changed to a Vitamin C that is less expensive for me. It's probably not as good, but it's what we have to go with right now. I get a Vegetarian Vitamin C from our local health food store and take 500mg every 3 hours.

  • Vitamin E. 800 IU daily. (Product: “Unique E”). This bottle lasts a few months.

  • Pantothenic Acid. 500mg 3 times daily.

  • Calcium / Magnesium / Vitamin D3. (TRB product: “CalsiumD”). My lab results from February, 2009 showed low Vitamin D3 and another lab result prior to this date showed low Magnesium.

  • Omega 3. 4 daily. Per softgel: Omega 3 Fatty Acids 630mg, EPA 400mg, DHA 200mg

  • Beta-1, 3D Glucan. 2 daily for helping immune system. (TRB product: same name). Per my doctor's advide, I am no longer taking this. It's a great product though. Here's some information about how it helps with the immune system and helps with anxiety.

  • Organic Passionflower Powder. 200mg every 4 hours or as necessary for nervousness and insomnia. (Mountain Rose Herbs). I purchased an 8 oz. package and it will will last many months. I use vegetarian capsules I purchase at my local health food store for this bulk herb.

  • Tart Cherry Concentrate. 1 tsp. every 4 hours or as needed for anxiety / withdrawals. At bed and at 4:30am, I take almost 1 oz. (Pure Planet product). I purchase this for $6.00 less at my local health food store.

  • Trace Minerals Drops. 20 drops daily. Equals ¼ C Sea Water, sodium removed. (Liquimins ConcenTrace Ionic product)

  • Protein. 1 tsp. every 3 hours or as needed for hypoglycemia (TRB product: “Essential Protein Formula”) NOTE: Now taking this only when my blood sugar has dropped too low, not every 3 hours.

  • Sea Salt. ¾ to 1 tsp. daily. Helps heart palps (Product: REAL Salt)

  • Progesterone. 10-15mg daily 10 days prior to menstruation. (Women’s Therapeutic Institute: Progestelle)

  • Licorice Root Powder. 1/4 C in the morning (Clymer Healing Research Center)

My other blogs can be found HERE and HERE. The original post for this daily diary began HERE.

Coram Deo,

Tamara Slack

0 comments: