Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving My Proverbs 31 Friends

I've thought all morning what I can be thankful for this year. I talked with the Lord quite a bit about it! There's just too much to be thankful for, so I chose to thank Him for my friends in whom I see Proverbs 31 being worked out in their lives.I'm thankful for...

Dana, my good friend with whom I have a special friendship that never ceases to amaze me as we have seen many different phases of life for the past five years. I know I can trust every corner of my heart with her. A wonderful blessing! She truly lives out much of Proverbs 31, but especially "She looks well to the ways of her household." - Proverbs 31.27 and her earthly reward, I see, is "[her husband] praises her: "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."" - Proverbs 31.28-29

Mindy, whom I've known the least amount of time of all my friends, but with whom I share much in common. I'm thankful to the Lord who continues to strengthen our friendship though we live states apart. I'm grateful for the vast knowledge the Lord has given her and discernment about how to keep our bodies healthy. The Lord has given her a generous heart that yearns to see the hurting suffer less, wanting more of God and less of her. "She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy." - Proverbs 31.20

Renee H., a long distance soul sister with whom I share a great deal in common regarding our "geeky" ways with books and anything we can get our hands on regarding doctrine and evangelism. We can go for months without talking on the phone then pick up as if we hadn't skipped a beat. That's a huge blessing! I admire the strength the Lord has given her in times of trouble and thank Him for granting her endurance. "She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong" - Proverbs 31.17

Betty, a woman after God's own heart. I thank the Lord for her love for Him, her testimony before this lost world, and her humility and gentlesness. Her gentle words to opponents of the gospel humble me and make me want to be more like her. "She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue." - Proverbs 31.26

Sarah, a good friend who I can count on when I have good day or a bad one. I thank God for her transparency and diligence in warring against sin wherever she finds it in her life. Tired of being decieved in life about her Lord and how He works, she is diligent in keeping her life loving the law of the Lord, staying faithful in her fear of Him. "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." - Proverbs 31.30

Marla, another long distance friend from whom I glean much truth. Most of us show many struggles in many areas if we look to Proverbs 31, but if there ever has been a woman whose life shows all of Proverbs 31, I would say that it has been Marla. The Lord has blessed her with much joy and such a carefree spirit, one who has a wonderful balance of grace and truth that it's difficult not to covet the gifts He has given her. "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come." - Proverbs 31.25

Angela, the woman I look to for godly advice about how to be a wife. I'm thankful for the wisdom God has given her as she has grown so much in such little time. I'm thankful for the gentle rebukes she gives me because she wants my best before God and my husband and for the many hours we spend on the phone laughing, praying, and just chatting. She truly is a picture of "An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain." - Proverbs 31.10-11

The Lord has blessed me with many other friends, but I would be here all day typing if I listed them all. I have not forgotten anyone... Julie, Patte, Loretta, Rhonda, Terry, Shana, Deb, and others. You're all a blessing! Having all these friends, now that is something to be thankful about for sure! I asked God three years ago when He forgave all my sin, past and present, to give me friends since I had not known friendship with other ladies for over fourteen years as a false convert. Well, I had one friend, Dana, with whom I shared our false convert ways! The Lord granted Dana salvation at the same time He did for me, so He continued our friendship which has grown deeper.But most of all, I'm thankful to the Lord who has the power in a word to create big things like galaxies and small things like me. I'm thankful to Him for answering my prayer for friendships, but in bigger ways than I thought to ask. I'm thankful He did not choose to look at me when deciding to make me born again, but He looked at His Son so that I would never get the credit for salvation and so I would be continually be kept in awe at His awesome works. I'm thankful that He keeps His promises and will make me endure to the end while the road is bumpy and narrow. And I'm thankful to Him for granting me friends who will walk this path with me."

I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me." - 2 Timothy 1.12

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!

Love,Tamara

0 comments: